Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in
µTorrent, including RSS auto-downloading, bandwidth prioritization,
Mainline DHT and scheduling (compatible with BitComet).
Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification and peer exchange.
was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it
does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB
of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at
all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single
executable less than 170 KB in size.
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple.
also has support for localization, and with a language file present,
will automatically switch to your system language. If your language
isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing
translations to improve them!
The developer puts in a lot of time
working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only
come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few
bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.Here are some key features of "µTorrent":
· Multiple simultaneous downloads
· Configurable bandwidth scheduler
· Global and per-torrent speed limiting
· Quick-resumes interrupted transfers
· RSS Downloader
· Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)
· Password-protected boss key
· Global run-command feature on torrent completion/state change
· UDP proxying for SOCKS5
· Proxy privacy features
· Improved set download location/relocate feature (now moves files for you)
· Show add torrent dialog for magnet links
· Add option to pause torrents when user activity is detected on the computerRequirements:
· Windows 95 users will need to install the Winsock2 Update from Microsoft for µTorrent to work correctly.What's New in This Release:
· Fix: possible crash on startup
· Feature: Add TCP-style slow-start to uTP
· Fix: make Force Recheck circumvent file timestamp optimization (to actually force a recheck)
· Change: improve status message for magnet links that need DHT when DHT is disabled
· Fix: disable comment fields when disabling comment supportMD5=C2D0BEE87DDCE789BD5002CDD92AB9D5