Whether you know it or not, your computer is always at risk of becoming infected with viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and malware of every kind. Malicious software is constantly evolving and becoming harder to detect and remove.
Only the most sophisticated anti-malware technologies can detect and remove malicious programs from your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware combines powerful new technologies designed to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware infections.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an easy-to-use anti-malware application with over 100 million downloads, well-known for its detection and removal capabilities. Additionally, Malwarebytes offers a host of extra utilities as well as an approachable forum community to help you combat any piece of malware that exists in the wild.
Furthermore, users will be able to access the threats center where they can keep up to date with the latest discovered malware threats.Note:
Some antivirus and antispyware programs flag Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as being infected/malware, although the application is perfectly safe and does not pose a threat to your system. This is called a 'false positive'. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database. [Similar problems can occur with antitrojan or antispyware software.]Here are some key features of "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware":
· Light speed quick scanning.
· Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
· Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware protection module. (requires registration)
· Database updates released daily.
· Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
· Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
· Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
· A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
· Multi-lingual support.
· Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
· Command line support for quick scanning.
· Context menu integration to scan files on demand.Limitations:
· Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is FREEWARE, however you may upgrade to the PRO version which contains realtime protection, scheduled scanning and scheduled updating. The PRO version can be tested for 14 daysWhat's New in This Release:New Features:
· New advanced program updater improves upgrade speed and reduces needed bandwidthImprovements:
· Enhanced Chameleon (v1.61) technologies to handle the latest threats
· Simplified PRO trial option in the installer
· Installation wizard now includes more information and guidance
· Streamlined and optimized database update module
· Updated System Requirements
· Logs enhanced to show drives and paths scannedIssues Fixed:
· Fixed bug with scheduled scans
· Korean language now displayed correctly in language drop down menu